Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

RicerX's Content

There have been 148 items by RicerX (Search limited from 06-July 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1870 What I Roll I In

Posted by RicerX on 15 November 2007 - 07:09 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (assassin10000 @ Nov 15 2007, 12:30 PM)
More oil? Only by running larger clearances, or a fully grooved bearing setup. Which = LESS bearing material to handle the constant loads/forces the rods will see. And weaker. And it's BS unless your running race oils and need larger clearances for running super high rpms for super extended periods of time.

AND it's complete bullshit that you can run without oil, without oil = spun bearing and possibly damaged crankshaft... or engine block.

Stock bearings. Stock oil pump.

And if your worried about 'more' oil you can shim the oil pump to run a SLIGHTLY higher pressure. (don't go crazy, talk to someone that knows what to do).  Stock/Stock you should be PLENTY good to go unless you do something to cause serious detonation/pinging - in which case both stock & aftermarket bearings aren't going to help you, at all.

Andrew

Good info, Its a good thing Ive got you around to tell me yay or nay. I will keep that ion mind for future refrences.

#1865 What I Roll I In

Posted by RicerX on 14 November 2007 - 11:08 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (assassin10000 @ Nov 13 2007, 10:48 AM)
Stock bearings. FTW.

Aftermarket 'performance' bearings are not really worth much in an import motor. The really good motor builders that I know of (honda/toyota) all use OEM bearings.

Andrew

Oh, I was gonna get them becuase the bearings are supposed to allow more oil to the rods, and supposedly be able to run without oil for a bit. I just wann avoid having to get another motor.

#1856 What I Roll I In

Posted by RicerX on 12 November 2007 - 11:04 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (mestizo @ Nov 12 2007, 06:12 PM)
Good shit glad to see it's getting better!

Thanks!

#1855 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 12 November 2007 - 11:04 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

No, I didnt have a catch tank before. I just bought a universal overflow tank, problem with it is that coolant goes into the tank, and just stays there.

#1848 What I Roll I In

Posted by RicerX on 12 November 2007 - 12:45 AM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

Ok, so ive removed the strut tower bar, and passenger side headlight. Ill be selling the strut bar, and im taking apart the headlight since there is damage. I also found somebody selling their internals for $150, so ill be picking those up soon. Hopefully I can use the old block. Another thing, one of my friends is selling a OEM carbon fiber hood w/ raised hood scoop which my grilfriend is picking up for me as an early christmas present. clap.gif clap.gif Man im getting closer and closer to getting this car running and looking good again. smile.gif

#1847 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 12 November 2007 - 12:41 AM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

Ok, so Ive been having starting issues, so I had the starter replaced. Ever since I dont have an overflow tank for the radiator, Ive been filling up the radiator with coolant once every 4/5 days. Today, I finally got sick of it and went to autozone and picked up a universal tank. It didn't take me long to install, but I ran into an isuue that there is air in the motor. I spent about an hour trying to bleed it out, but I dont think I got very far. All that happens is that I have a near full coolant resevoir, and air in the hose (its a clear hose). Ive decided that DIY isn't going to help me since I dont have the patince to hold the tank in the air as coolant slowly drips down, so ill be seeing my cousin tomorrow. Ill keep you guys updated.

#1838 what is this johnson!?!?

Posted by RicerX on 07 November 2007 - 11:08 PM in Pics, videos and whatever else you got.

QUOTE (lshatch916 @ Nov 6 2007, 05:15 PM)

Somebody had a stiffy! blink.gif

#1837 are u effing serious

Posted by RicerX on 07 November 2007 - 11:07 PM in Pics, videos and whatever else you got.

Now thats just sad.

#1826 What I Roll I In

Posted by RicerX on 01 November 2007 - 09:10 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

So, as far as this car, Ive decided that im going to start selling parts off of this car to save up money for the motor. I want to get it running asap, so everything that isnt neccessary for driving im gonna try to sell.

#1825 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 01 November 2007 - 09:07 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (LGND2NV @ Nov 1 2007, 07:16 PM)
Good luck with that...everytime mine fall off i get another one!

Thanks, Ive been doing a good job lately, I know its not completely reliable, but ive been keeping a close eye on the radar detector, and managed to keep speeding to 5 miles over the limit.

#1819 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 30 October 2007 - 10:23 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

More good news, starting with bad news. Well, my car had started to run like a hot mess again. I took it to my cousins shop, and he re-gapped the plugs. Car runs good now. For the good news, I finished paying off my $2000 reduced to $600+ ticket. That means thatll be $125 a month going to rebuilding the celica and fixing the rex. clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif thumbsup.gif
As of now, my free man resolution is to not get another ticket for at least 2 years.

#1818 Mestizo's 92 Nissan 240SX Coupe Build Thread

Posted by RicerX on 30 October 2007 - 10:10 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

Ouch, do you think youll be able to re-use the tire?

#1805 Mestizo's 92 Nissan 240SX Coupe Build Thread

Posted by RicerX on 25 October 2007 - 09:34 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

Looks like somebody has some sponsers!

#1800 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 23 October 2007 - 09:05 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

bow.gif Im forever in your debt now.

#1796 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 22 October 2007 - 09:08 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (mestizo @ Oct 22 2007, 10:17 PM)
Yea that is a lot better than open air cuz dirt, leaves and bugs are no good!

Or dead rats!

#1794 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 22 October 2007 - 05:50 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (mestizo @ Oct 22 2007, 04:30 PM)
Yup stock honda wires actually are some of the best plug wires made, the intake needs to go as well u need an intake tube and not just a filter hanging off the throttle body, the tube will stop the air turbulance that the filter creates and it will make more air velocity as it goes thru the bend.

A friend of mine literally told me the same thing today. Im going to get an intake, but what I have is temporary cuz the car was running open intake.

#1791 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 21 October 2007 - 10:34 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (assassin10000 @ Oct 21 2007, 11:41 PM)
Nice... although the 'drag' will probably be to your detriment if you get pulled over.

FYI - nology hotwires have a tendancy to come apart internally and cause your car to misfire, a friend of ours had this problem. And afaik many other honda owners have run into that problem. OEM/Stock wires FTW.

If you got any questions either myself or rob can probably answer them for you, or send you in the right direction.

Andrew

Thanks for the info. The wires came with the car, but im planning on putting MSD wires. I dont like the ground strap that they have cuz I cant put the wire cover back on. The DRAG sticker also came with the car. I also plan on removing it cuz 1: its a cop magnet and 2: I dont like it. Its funny though, Ive driven past at least 12 cops since ive got the car and I havent been tailed or pulled over. I guess the car looks too junked for them to even care.

#1789 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 20 October 2007 - 11:42 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

Alright, what everyones been waitin for, PICS!!! clap.gif

The pics were taken from my camara phone.
In the first pic, you can see the hassport motor mount, the Nology wires with the ground straps all over the place, the 1/2 radiator, and custom intake. What you dont see is the jumble of wires that go to the V-TEC silenoid, the little hose that runs to the front of the car to dump overflowing coolant, and the battery with the missing tie-down.

Will take more pics as more things happen. Hopefully I can get a friend to act as a camera man, and get a better camaera.

Oh, one more thing, if you look closely in pics #2, 4, and 5, you can barely see the seat harness. More pics of that also coming soon.

#1788 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 20 October 2007 - 11:13 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (mestizo @ Oct 15 2007, 11:24 PM)
Good shit glad to see things are coming along! emthup.gif

More good news! My uncle has an older CRX at his house. It was going to be his daughters car, but it has minor frame damage, so he got another CRX. Hes transfering the motor and everything else into the new CRX, this means that if he doesnt forget to call me, im going to have front/rear bumper, turn signals, missing wires, and anything else he doesnt need. I just cant wait to get it. clap.gif Man, I guess Hondas are my good luck charm.

#1782 Thunder Drift at Thunderhill

Posted by RicerX on 17 October 2007 - 10:41 PM in Events

Make sure to make us out-of-towners a video!

#1773 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 15 October 2007 - 09:10 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

Had gotten a few things done today, I had the brake rotors replaced, since the old ones were warped. My cousin had found out that I was missing a few of the clips that hold the brake pad in place, to keep them from sliding around. He went a head and ordered them, then we ran into a problem. The previous owner had gotten brake pads from an SI, and was too lasy to return them for the correct ones, which lead to us believing that was the reason the clips were missing. The SI crx brake pads are a tad bigger. This was an easy fix. A few seconds at the grinder, and everything fits just fine. Aside from that, my girl bought me a deck for the car, and I had some fosgate speakers lying around. This was a quick install. We did run into a couple problems though. The ignition wire was missing, but that was easily repaired, and the speakers were to big for the mounting holes. That was fixed by drilling a hole above the griginal speaker mount hole, then screwing my speaker in the hole. A little ghetto, but it gets the job done. My Weapon R seat harness was installed, so Im now able to have passengers in the car. I was going to post some pics, but the pictures became corrupted. Oh before I forget, my car "passed" smog today, so I will be going to the DMV to register the bucket. More to come soon!

#1767 Recent breakdowns...

Posted by RicerX on 14 October 2007 - 01:56 PM in Anything goes.

I think I just saw a littlbe nit of my life in that story. Hope nothing else goes wrong.

#1760 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 08 October 2007 - 09:24 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

Ok, so its been a while, and I have done absolutly nothing to my car. One of my friends gave me a Weapon R seat harness, and another friend traded me my flat for one of his good wheels. Hopefully, If I get paid enough from my over time, Ill have the engine rewired, with a p28 skunk 2 computer, and Apexi V-afc II installed. Hopefully, if I stop being lazy, ill post some pics of the crx. Its just hard when you only have a camera phone that really SLOWS your computer down. I hope you guys can forgive me.

#1756 Thunder Drift 9-15/16 pictures.

Posted by RicerX on 03 October 2007 - 09:16 PM in Pics, videos and whatever else you got.

I also wish I was there.

#1744 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 23 September 2007 - 10:40 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

Well, thursday i went to go do some window cleaning/vacuuming/deoderizing in the rex. One of my co-workers hopped in my car and started revin it, then shut the car off. You know how it is, yoou get a new car and everyone has to check it out. Well, I left and the car was runnin a lil funny. I went to my girls house and hung out for a little bit. When I left, the car was running like shit.gif and the rpms were everywhere. 10min from being at home, the car shuts off on me at a light. I was hoping that the celica issues went to this car. I had to heel-toe (gas and brake at the same time) to get home. The next day, I went to my cousins shop to find out that sparkplug #1 was shut. The piston had pimp slapped it closed. Also found out I had bosch platinums. That is a big no-no in my book. So, my cousin replaced the plugs with NGK iridium tipped plugs and I was good to go. Also found out that even without power steering, car is fun to drive into turns. Almost like its on tracks.